Tuesday 24 November 2009

Hype: Anime Winter 2009

Oh thank god. After the absolutely poor fall season, perhaps this time there will actually be something for me to look forward to?

.....

Oh Christ.


Dance in the Vampire Bund



I thought I made it clear I don't like vampires? Why do you keep doing this to me?

While were at it... Japan... You have a problem... You need to face it if your ever going to get better. If it looks like a little girl, your a pedo. You cannot use the argument "But shes a monster/angel/thing that only looks like a little girl".

Your not fooling anyone.

But seriously don't watch this, it will totally get you thrown in jail)



Sora No Woto

Oh I can totally imagine the thought process behind this one.

"Hey guys, why don't we make an anime about underage people joining the army during a time of war? It could be a good look at the social implications of that, and the shattering of young naivety in the cold world of-"

"Dudes! Have you seen Kon! Everyone loves it! We must copy it! Our anime will be about five underage girls forming a band during war time! They'll rock their way to peace!"

Really? I mean... Really?



Katanagatari
This one actually looks kinda interesting, mainly because it's the only one on the entire list that is using a different art style. It's a short series about our Samurai looking for 12 legendary swords... to add to his collection? I don't know.

But wait! Before you get excited at the prospect of something good, each episode will come out once a month.

Once a month.

Once a fricken month.

Each episode better be like an hour long, otherwise... who the hell do you think you are? Thinking you can get away with that in this day and age.



Seikon no Quasar

Well he looks kinda cool I guess- Wait... What?

In St. Mikhailov Academy, Oribe Mafuyu meets a silver haired boy called Alexander. He is a Qwaser, a being who can manipulate iron and draws his power from breast milk.

from breast milk.

from breast milk.

I.... You.... Wha.... THE F***?



Harukanaru Toki ni Naka de 3 Look, I'm sorry I have to be the one to break this to you, but you will never out do fushigi yuugi or twelve kingdoms.

Just accept it, and write different stories, ok?


---------


Do I even need to mention anything at this point? Answer: Yes.

Anime, what the hell? What is wrong with you? Whatever happened to... you know.... making good things? I release that your genres of girls... and... 'fanservice' are well liked in Japan, and I did watch a few of these back in the day.

It was cute then Japan, something non-serious people could dip into once in awhile. Then it became kinda awkward when you started doing more, we all smiled and nodded thinking you were just going through a 'phase'. But then it didn't stop, and you just made more and more... until now... it's the only thing you do.

What the hell happened to my mainly men? You know, those guys who would sooner karate kick your face off then talk about their 'feelings'. Or your deep stories like Towards the Terra, did it suddenly become too expensive to use good ideas?

And I never thought I'd ask myself this, but where are the giant robot's Japan? You used to be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment